Friday, March 4, 2011

The Wait is Over

The bookstore called yesterday to tell me my Patrick Rothfuss novel was in. Hurrah! Life being what it is right now though, I didn't have time to retrieve it. If I could just train the dog to change diapers and send a clone to work every night in my place I'd be all set. But alas, it is not so.

Finding a little free time, I went to pick it up today. I gave my name to a friendly member of the staff and she went to haul the massive cinder block thing to the counter. I love big books. Bookstore employees probably wouldn't share my enthusiasm if they had to schlep around The Wise Man's Fear all day. 

To my surprise, it was already paid for. There was a little note inside:

I want this when you are finished. 
-dad

The only thing better than a book you have been waiting a long time to read is a generous parent who has been waiting even longer. Thanks dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment