Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Less Ready. More Writey



Hard to believe I haven't written a thing in this cyberspace since July. Summer packed it's beach bag and left town, fall rendered the trees naked and the Christmas spirit is nothing more than an enlarged Visa balance and stale eggnog hangover.

I have read many wonderful books in the intervening time. In fact, I have been so busy reading great books, I've had no time to blog about them. Having a 2-year-old toddler who is too smart for her own good and criminally cute doesn't help much either. A few significant changes in my life have made my schedule more manageable, so I think it's a good time to renew my commitment to writing regularly. This is not, I repeat: NOT a new year's resolution. I prefer to think of it as one small step on the long road of self rediscovery.

Stay tuned for some great reading suggestions for the long dark days of winter. Here's a little taste to get you started:


The Gone Away World by Nick Harkaway is a funny, dark, kung-fu adventure that not only pulls out all the stops, but lights them on fire and pees them out. It takes place in the worst kind of Dystopian future where the only defense against the looming end of the world seems to be a sharp, British sense of humor and the best plot twist I've seen since the days of Fight Club and The Sixth Sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment